Student Rights and Support is a free, confidential service provided by MONSU. 

Your Student Rights Officers, Jenny and Mawa, are independent of the University and employed by the student union to provide support and advice to undergraduate students. We explain Monash University policies and procedures and detail options for students to consider.

Contact SRS when you need advice, referral, advocacy.

We support undergraduate students at the Peninsula and Caulfield campuses.

We can assist you in a variety of ways including:

  • Face-to-face appointments / ZOOM
  • Telephone appointments
  • Email communication

P: +61 3 9903 2596



As part of the Academic Progress process, some students will receive from the university a Notice of Unsatisfactory Progress (NoUP) and will be allocated a level 1 – 3. 

If you receive an NoUP we recommend that you contact Student Rights + Support for independent and confidential advice. Student Rights Officers are professional staff who are very experienced at providing support to students. We can explain the Academic Progress process and provide advice on how to respond to the university according to your individual circumstances. 

For information on level 1 – 3 and on how to fill out the Academic Progress forms, please click on this link.

Common Student Rights Issues

Monash Support Services

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Graduate students can find more information at

Clayton and Parkville students can find more information at


Student Rights + Support (SR+S) is an independent and confidential service provided by MONSU Caulfield. 

Student Rights Officers (SROs) are employed by your student union, they do not work for Monash university. This means they can support you without a conflict of interest.

The SR+S service is confidential which means SROs will only disclose information relating to your matter to a third party, without your consent, if they believe that you or another person is at risk of harm. They must provide your information if it is subpoenaed by a court of law.  

MONSU Caulfield will hold your information on file for seven years. After this time, all information relating to your matter will be destroyed. You can apply to SR+S to access your relevant personal information.

To read the MONSU Caulfield Privacy Policy, Click Here

Powered by MSL