Does tax time give you the creeps?
Want to make sure that you cross your “t's” & dot your “i's”?
Have no fear!......Tax Help is here!!
Tax Help is an ATO-trained & accredited Monash student volunteer available to provide free & confidential help for students completing their tax returns online using myTax.
If your volunteer concludes that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you with non-lodgement advice. The Tax Help program is available from the 22nd of July until the 31st of October each year.
What to bring to your appointment?......
- Your myGov user ID & password
- Your bank account details (BSB & account number)
- Your tax file number;
- An original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- Income statements from all sources
- All your receipts for gifts, donations & work-related expenses
- Details of any child support payments made
- Details of any losses on investments in shares & rental properties (net investment losses);
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.